Accommodations and Travel
Note Regarding Fraudulent Housing Websites
CMR (Convention Management Resources) is the official hotel management company for the AACR Annual Meeting. The AACR is aware that one or more unauthorized companies are using deceptive advertising methods to direct users to fraudulent websites that purport to offer housing and registration for the AACR Annual Meeting 2024. Please note that the CMR website listed below is the only site through which users can register to attend the AACR Annual Meeting and confirm a hotel room. AACR cannot guarantee your registration or housing if you purchase using an illegitimate website.
Options for Reserving Annual Meeting Hotels
You may reserve your hotel room in one of the following ways:
- Online: Visit the AACR Annual Meeting website to reserve your hotel room online. Please note that you must supply a credit card in order to reserve a room online. You will find descriptions, amenity information, and photographs for each AACR official hotel. Additionally, a map showing the location of all hotels and the San Diego Convention Center is available on the AACR Housing website. Visit the AACR Housing website to get up-to-the-minute availability and receive immediate confirmation of your hotel reservation.
- Phone: AACR Housing agents will be available to accept reservations as well as provide information on the official AACR hotels Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. U.S. ET. You will be required to supply a credit card if you reserve your hotel room by phone. Once your reservation is complete, you will receive immediate confirmation by email. AACR Housing can be reached toll-free in the U.S. and Canada at 888-381-7166 or for international callers at 415-979-2262. When calling AACR Housing be certain to have the following information:
- Arrival and departure dates
- Hotel preferences
- Credit card number
- Address, phone number, fax number, and email address
- Any special requests
Reservations must be guaranteed with either a major credit card (AMEX, Visa, or MasterCard) or a check in the amount of $300 per guestroom and $700 per suite. Make checks payable to Convention Management Resources, Inc. If using a credit card, the card will not be charged until the check-out date. You must present a credit card upon check-in.
Changes and Cancellations
Changes and cancellations can be made:
• Online at the AACR Housing website
• By emailing your change or cancellation to [email protected]
• By calling AACR Housing at 888-381-7166 or 415-979-2262
• By faxing your change or cancellation to 415-293-4397
Your credit card will be charged one night’s room plus tax or your check deposit will be forfeited if you cancel your reservation less than 72 hours before your confirmed arrival date. If you fail to arrive on the date confirmed by AACR Housing, your credit card will be charged one night’s room plus tax or your check will be forfeited. All subsequent nights of the reservation will be cancelled.
Suites are for sleeping accommodation only and may not be used for meetings or events without prior written permission from AACR. For these types of events, please complete the AACR Affiliate Event Space Request Form. If you would like a copy of this form, please contact AACR Housing at 888-381-7166, 415-979-2262, or via email at [email protected].
Organizations wishing to hold a block of 10 or more rooms must use the Group Housing Form. Group Housing requests must be submitted by Wednesday, February 21, 2024. Exhibitors may request rooms in the AACR room block and must submit an Exhibitor Room Block Request Form. Please adhere to all rules and regulations to facilitate processing. Confirmations will be emailed.
The San Diego International Airport (airport code: SAN) is the major airport in the San Diego region and offers multiple U.S. and international flights daily. San Diego is also served by Amtrak.
Travel Office: Corporate Traveler
Email: [email protected]
$35 service fee applies
Business hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. ET
Emergency after hours: 215-825-3650
Assistance for International Travelers
An official letter of invitation is available through the online registration system. Contact the American Consulate in your country to review the current regulations for travel to the United States. Please begin the visa application process as early as possible. Information is available on the U.S. Department of State website.
San Diego International Airport is located 3 miles from the San Diego Convention Center. Many companies provide taxicab service at San Diego International Airport. If you need a taxi, simply follow the signs leading to the Transportation Plazas. A Customer Service Representative will place you with the first available taxi, unless you specify a particular taxicab company.
Travelers headed to and from San Diego International Airport can connect with Amtrak’s Pacific Surfliner and the COASTER at Amtrak’s Santa Fe Depot train station downtown by using Metropolitan Transit System Route 992, which operates between 5:00 a.m. and 11:30 p.m., every 15 minutes on weekdays and every 30 minutes on weekends and holidays.
The COASTER operates every day with trips throughout the day to Old Town and North San Diego County. Tickets may be purchased at ticket vending machines on the Santa Fe Depot station platform, online at GoNCTD.com, or via the COASTER Mobile App.
For additional information on connecting transit, fares, personalized travel planning, and disabled services, call 760-966-6500 or visit www.gonctd.com/coaster. For additional information on Amtrak service in San Diego, visit the Santa Fe Depot train station, telephone 1-800-USA-RAIL, or visit www.amtrak.com or www.amtrakcalifornia.com.
Shuttle service is available at the Transportation Plazas across from Terminals 1 and 2. From Terminal 1, cross the skybridge and take the escalators or the elevators to street level. From Terminal 2, use the pedestrian crosswalk conveniently located outside the Terminal 2 Baggage Claim Area to access the Transportation Plaza. A Customer Service Representative will place you with the first available shuttle unless you specify a particular shuttle company.
Listed below are shuttle companies frequently used by travelers. Policies, services, and rates are subject to change:
AACR Shuttle Service
The AACR will provide complimentary shuttle service over the meeting dates for all official AACR Annual Meeting hotels that are not within walking distance of the San Diego Convention Center. When available, the hotel shuttle schedule will be posted to this page and will include shuttle hours of operation and the designated route number for each hotel.