Late-Breaking Abstracts are no longer being accepted for this virtual conference. The late-breaking abstract submission deadline was Wednesday, August 25, 2021 at 11:59 a.m. EDT. All abstracts submitted by the August 25, deadline will be considered for poster presentation. Additionally, oral presentations of highly rated abstracts will be integrated within thematic sessions.
All individuals listed as ABSTRACT PRESENTERS will be notified of acceptance or rejection by email approximately two weeks after the late-breaking abstract submission deadline. Notices and instructions will be sent to the email address provided at the time of abstract submission. Additionally, oral presentations of highly rated abstracts will be integrated within thematic sessions. If an abstract is not selected for presentation, the presenter may request a full refund of the registration fee by contacting the AACR Meetings Department at [email protected].
PRESENTATION AND PUBLICATION
Accepted regular and late-breaking abstracts will be published as an online-only Proceedings supplement to an AACR journal after the completion of the meeting. Abstracts selected for presentation during the conference will be posted to the virtual conference platform. Every effort will be made to reproduce the content of the abstracts as submitted, except in certain circumstances where changes may be made to comply with AACR style. Abstract titles and authors will be posted on the AACR website on September 30, 4:30 p.m. ET (only titles and authors; no data will be posted online before the conference). Details on the length and format of the presentations will be provided to individuals noted as ABSTRACT PRESENTERS of accepted abstracts. For programs that include short talks selected from the abstract submissions, instructions will be sent to the ABSTRACT PRESENTERS with the date, time, and format for those presentations.
Virtual Poster Presentation Format
Virtual posters are 5-minute pre-recorded video files that will be available on-demand to attendees throughout the conference. Videos can be created using PowerPoint or Keynote with audio enabled to allow you to narrate your slideshow. The short talk presentation should be the information you would cover on a poster but in a 5 minute PPT presentation with multiple slides. We normally suggest approximately one slide per minute.
- Virtual posters must be uploaded by Monday, September 13, 11:59 p.m. ET.
- Please use the following link to submit your presentation: Virtual Poster upload: https://aacr.ent.box.com/f/3f6e11e9d9094f7d8cd4a6917577c673
- Please use the branded conference slide deck template (https://aacr.box.com/s/zbkc74qi5g691g9j4c86oialivl2ypxr) for your poster. We invite virtual poster presenters to provide contact information on the final slide to encourage networking and discussion about your poster. Feel free to add blank slides.
- Please be sure to keep to your allotted 5 minutes. If submitted presentations do not conform to the stated guidelines, AACR reserves the right to remove them from the virtual meeting platform.
- Slide videos with narration/voice overs can be created using PowerPoint, Keynote, or Zoom.
- Presentations must be submitted as an .mp4 file. Please see the final steps outlined in recording instruction links above to ensure that your video file is in the correct format.
- Please use the following format when naming your files: Last name_First name_First few words of your abstract title.
- We strongly recommend testing your audio before recording and reviewing your full recording before submission. As you record your presentation, it can be helpful to maintain a constant distance from your microphone.
- You may label any or all slides as “DO NOT POST”. Attendees will be asked to respect presenters’ requests in these instances and refrain from posting any images from these designated slides on social media. When possible, place the “DO NOT POST” text in the bottom center of the slide.
Individuals planning on presenting an abstract at this conference are encouraged to register as early as possible. If an abstract is not accepted for presentation at the conference, the presenter may request a full refund of the registration fee. For additional information, please visit the registration page.
REQUEST FOR WITHDRAWAL
Once an abstract has been submitted, it may be withdrawn only by written request from the ABSTRACT PRESENTER. The request may be emailed to [email protected] and must be received by September 27.