Spotlight on Clinical Trials
The online abstract submitter is now closed to new submissions. Final data for clinical trial placeholder abstracts are due Thursday, February 20, 2020. An e-mail was sent to the presenters of submitted placeholder abstracts on January 29 to provide them with an update link.
Submit Your Clinical Trials Abstracts to the AACR Annual Meeting 2020
Become a part of our growing science-based clinical research program at the Annual Meeting and help us showcase how research continues to transform the lives of cancer patients.
Why You Should Submit
- Numerous and unique oral presentation opportunities
- Four Clinical Trials Plenary Sessions offering companion presentations explaining the science behind the presented trials (featuring 16 trials total)
- Three Clinical Trials Minisymposia (featuring 21 trials total)
- Poster presentations
- Potential national media coverage through the extensive AACR press program
- Opportunities to simultaneously present your work and publish a manuscript in a high-impact AACR journal
- Indicate your intention to submit a manuscript during the abstract submission process.
- Contact AACRpublications@aacr.org with any questions.
- No restrictions on presenters as long as the presentation is CME-compliant
What to Submit
- Any phase (I, II, III, or any combination) abstract from national or international clinical trials
- Biomarker studies:
- If the abstract describes a predefined biomarker analysis that was part of the original trial design and trial data will be reported, then it may be submitted to a clinical trials category.
- If the biomarker analysis was not part of the original trial design or was performed post hoc, then the abstract should be submitted to a Clinical Research category (CL11 Biomarkers) for the December 5, 2019, deadline (or as a late-breaking Clinical Research abstract on January 30, 2020, if the study is not complete by December 5, 2019).
- Biomarker studies:
- Promising ongoing trials or unique trial designs that have not yet yielded results to the Clinical Trials in Progress category (CT07). (Note that placeholder abstracts are not permitted for Trials in Progress.)
- Encore presentations
When to Submit
- Submit your completed or placeholder abstract(s) by the
January 30, 2020 deadline for clinical trials and late-breaking abstracts. The clinical trials (CT) abstract categories will not be available for submissions for the December 5, 2019, deadline.
- Final results and conclusions for placeholder abstracts are due by
February 20, 2020.
Embargo Policy and Online Publication of Abstracts
In accordance with the AACR’s embargo policy, the content of abstracts must be kept confidential until they are made publicly available.
- The titles and authors of the Clinical Trial and Late-Breaking Abstracts will be posted to the AACR Online Itinerary Planner no earlier than
4:30 p.m. U.S. ET on Tuesday, March 24, 2020.
- The full text of the Clinical Trial and Late-Breaking Abstracts will be posted to the AACR Online Itinerary Planner and the Meeting App no earlier than 3 p.m. U.S. PT (6 p.m. U.S. ET) on Friday, April 24, 2020, except those abstracts that are selected for inclusion in the AACR press program. Abstracts that are featured in the AACR press program will be made publicly available at the date and time of presentation, either at the meeting or an official AACR press conference.
- After the meeting, abstracts will be published in an online-only supplement to the AACR journal Cancer Research.
Clinical Trials (Including Combination Trials) Abstract Categories
- CT01 Phase I Adult Clinical Trials
- CT02 Phase II Adult Clinical Trials
- CT03 Phase III Adult Clinical Trials
- CT04 Phase I, II, or III Clinical Trials in Pediatric Cancer
- CT05 Phase I, II, or III Clinical Trials in the Elderly
- CT06 Phase I, II, or III Clinical Trials in Minorities and Medically Underserved Populations
- CT07 Clinical Trials in Progress
- Phase I Clinical Trials
- Phase II Clinical Trials
- Phase III Clinical Trials
Placeholder Abstract Categories
- PL01 Phase I Adult Clinical Trials
- PL02 Phase II Adult Clinical Trials
- PL03 Phase III Adult Clinical Trials
- PL04 Phase I, II, or III Clinical Trials in Pediatric Cancer
- PL05 Phase I, II, or III Clinical Trials in the Elderly
- PL06 Phase I, II, or III Clinical Trials in Minorities and Medically Underserved Populations