Abstract submission is closed. Status notifications for regular abstracts will be sent the week of January 31, and status notifications for clinical trial and late-breaking abstracts will be sent beginning February 9.
Poster Presentation Format
Because some AACR Annual Meeting attendees and presenters may be restricted from traveling to New Orleans in April 2022, the AACR Annual Meeting 2022 is offering the following options for presenters of abstracts accepted for poster presentation:
- In-Person Presentation with E-Poster—Presenters are strongly encouraged to travel to New Orleans to present their posters in person. However, all in-person presenters will also be required to submit a companion e-poster presentation to accommodate registered attendees who are unable to attend the meeting in person.
- E-Poster Only—Presenters of accepted posters who are unable to travel to New Orleans will be required to submit an e-poster. These presenters will be expected to be available remotely during the dates of the poster sessions (April 10-13) to respond to any questions submitted through the e-poster platform.
PLEASE NOTE: E-poster presenters who do not attend the meeting in person are still required to register for the meeting.
E-posters will only be available to registered AACR Annual Meeting attendees. E-poster formats and submission instructions will be provided to presenters of accepted posters with their acceptance notifications in February 2022. Online-only posters will be placed in separate sessions.
During the abstract submission process you were asked to indicate your presentation intentions in the event that your abstract was accepted for poster presentation. You will have the option to change your preference once acceptance notifications are sent out in February 2022.
Authors who intend to submit a manuscript based on their abstract for publication in an AACR journal can be considered for simultaneous publication of the manuscript and presentation of the abstract. In addition, manuscripts can be considered for publication beyond the simultaneous opportunity. For more information on all
publication opportunities in an AACR journal, please contact the AACR Publishing Division at [email protected].
Presentation of Proffered Papers at the AACR Annual Meeting
Every proffered abstract that has been accepted for publication in the online Proceedings must have a corresponding presentation at the meeting. Specifically, the author listed as the presenter for an accepted proffered paper must attend the corresponding session to discuss in detail the research outlined in the published abstract, according to the specific guidelines of the session. If, due to unforeseen circumstances, the designated presenter is unavailable to attend the session to present the paper, he or she must contact the AACR Program Development Department to designate a coauthor to serve as the presenter. If no abstract authors are available to present the data, the presenter must withdraw the abstract immediately by contacting the AACR Program Development Department at 215-440-9300 or [email protected]. Failure to comply with these regulations pertaining to abstract presentation may result in actions including, but not limited to:
- The withdrawal of the abstract from the session
- The removal of the abstract from the online Proceedings
- The loss of future sponsorship privileges for the sponsor of the abstract
- The loss of future abstract submission/authorship privileges for the presenter of the abstract
Deadline for Withdrawal of Abstracts
Requests to withdraw regular abstracts will be accepted through Monday, February 21, 2022. Requests to withdraw late-breaking or clinical trials abstracts will be accepted through Monday, March 7, 2022. Withdrawal requests must be sent by email to [email protected]. Withdrawal requests must include the Abstract Control Number and title as well as an explanation of the reason for withdrawal.