Spotlight on Clinical Trials
Submit your clinical trials abstracts to the AACR Annual Meeting 2024. Become a part of our growing science-based clinical research program at the AACR Annual Meeting and help us showcase how research continues to transform the lives of cancer patients.
Why You Should Submit
- Numerous and unique oral presentation opportunities, including:
- Four Clinical Trials Plenary Sessions offering companion presentations discussing the science behind the trials presented
- Three Clinical Trials Minisymposia
- Poster presentations
- Opportunities for extensive national media coverage through the AACR press program
- Opportunities to publish a manuscript in one of the AACR’s highly regarded journals, including possible simultaneous publication with your abstract presentation
- No restrictions on presenters if the presentation is CME-compliant
What to Submit
- Any phase (0, first-in-human, I, II, III, or any combination) abstract from national or international clinical trials:
- Biomarker Studies:
- If the abstract describes a predefined biomarker analysis that was part of the original trial design and trial data will be reported, then it may be submitted to a clinical trials category.
- If the biomarker analysis was not part of the original trial design or was performed post hoc, then the abstract should be submitted to a Clinical Research category (CL01 Biomarkers) for the November 16, 2023, deadline (or as a late-breaking Clinical Research abstract on January 8, 2024, if the study is not complete by November 16, 2023).
- Biomarker Studies:
- Trials for solid tumors or blood cancers in adult and pediatric patients
- Promising ongoing trials, or unique trial designs that have not yet yielded results. Select the Clinical Trials in Progress category (CT01)
- Encore clinical trials presentations that have been presented solely in abstract form, including publication in conference proceedings. Submissions must include significant additional data from the previous presentation (as determined by the AACR Clinical Trials Committee).
When to Submit
- Submit your completed or placeholder abstract(s) by January 8, 2024. The clinical trials (CT) abstract categories will not be available for submissions for the November 16, 2023 deadline. The abstract submitter will re-open for clinical trials abstracts on December 18, 2023, and remain open through the January 8, 2024 deadline.
- A placeholder abstract may be submitted to one of the Clinical Trials Placeholder (PL) categories if the trial is ongoing and final data are not available by January 8, 2024. Final results and conclusions for placeholder abstracts are due by February 6, 2024.
EMBARGO POLICY AND ONLINE PUBLICATION OF ABSTRACTS
- In accordance with the AACR’s embargo policy, the content of abstracts must be kept confidential until they are made publicly available:
- The titles and authors of the Clinical Trial and Late-Breaking Abstracts will be posted to the AACR Online Itinerary Planner no earlier than 4:30 p.m. U.S. ET on Tuesday, March 5, 2024. (Abstract Texts are Embargoed until 12:00 p.m. U.S. ET on Friday, April 5, 2024.)
- The full text of the Clinical Trial and Late-Breaking Abstracts will be posted to the AACR Online Itinerary Planner and the Meeting App no earlier than 12:00 p.m. U.S. PT on Friday, April 5, 2024, except those abstracts that are selected for inclusion in the official AACR press program. Abstracts that are featured in the official AACR press program will be made publicly available at the date and time of presentation, either at the meeting or an official AACR press conference.
- In previous years, abstracts accepted for presentation at the AACR Annual Meeting were published in an online-only Proceedings supplement to the AACR journal Cancer Research after the conclusion of the meeting. For the AACR Annual Meeting 2024, the Proceedings supplement will be published prior to the meeting in two parts. Part 1 of the online Proceedings (regular abstracts) will be published on Friday, March 22, and Part 2 (clinical trials and late-breaking abstracts) will be published on Friday, April 5. Revised Proceedings supplements containing the full text of embargoed abstracts as well as any late change will be published in Cancer Research approximately one month after the meeting.
CLINICAL TRIALS (INCLUDING COMBINATION TRIALS) ABSTRACT CATEGORIES
- CT01 Clinical Trials in Progress
- Phase I clinical trials in progress
- Phase II clinical trials in progress
- Phase III clinical trials in progress
- CT02 Phase 0 Clinical Trials
- CT03 First-in-Human Phase I Clinical Trials
- CT04 Phase I Adult Clinical Trials (See also ET07: Pharmacology, Pharmacogenetics, and Pharmacogenomics)
- CT05 Phase II Adult Clinical Trials
- CT06 Phase III Adult Clinical Trials
- CT07 Phase I, II, or III Clinical Trials in Pediatric Cancer (See also CL07: Pediatric Cancer Clinical Investigations; TB06: Pediatric Cancer Basic Science)
- Phase I
- Phase II
- Phase III
PLACEHOLDER ABSTRACT CATEGORIESVIEW CLINICAL TRIALS PLACEHOLDER GUIDELINES
- PL02 Phase 0 Clinical Trials
- PL03 First-in-Human Phase I Clinical Trials
- PL04 Phase I Adult Clinical Trials
- PL05 Phase II Adult Clinical Trials
- PL06 Phase III Adult Clinical Trials
- PL07 Phase I, II, or III Clinical Trials in Pediatric Cancer
- Phase I Clinical Trials in Pediatric Cancer
- Phase II Clinical Trials in Pediatric Cancer
- Phase III Clinical Trials in Pediatric Cancer